Thursday, August 07, 2014

The *real* reason I don't post very much art on this "art" blog....

  I don't know if anybody but my mom still visits this blog (or any blog for that matter), but just in case there are other people out there who still drop by I figured I should explain why I'm such a slacker when it comes to posting updates.

  Back in early 2008 I purchased a video game called Rockband, and it completely changed my life. I started banging away at those cheap, plastic, piece-of-crap "drums" that came with the game and I couldn't stop. I was completely obsessed with playing the drums on Rockband. Of course I was terrible at first, having never played the drums or any other musical instrument; I was barely able to make it through the songs on "easy" without failing. But, eventually I made it through all the songs on "easy", then on "medium", and then on "hard", and pretty soon, I was making it through most of the songs on "expert". I was even able to get gold stars on some of them (hooray!). Then, at some point, I had the opportunity to sit down at a real drum kit, and it turns out that Rockband drum skills actually translate into real (sort of) drum skills! Long story short, I bought a real drum kit, took a year-and-a-half of real lessons, and for the last two years I have been playing the drums in a real band with a bunch of high school friends. I'm having a total blast!


  Now, in a couple of days my band, Intra-Venus & the Cosmonauts, will be heading into the studio to record a proper album, and in a crazy and surreal turn of events, we have managed to secure David J, legendary bassist of the amazing and hugely influential post-punk/goth bands Bauhaus and Love and Rockets to be our producer! Seven years ago, if you had told me that I would end up playing the drums in a rock 'n roll band I would have thought that you were completely crazy! Seven years ago, if you had told me that I would be playing the drums in a rock 'n roll band and would be recording an album with David J as producer, I would have thought it more likely that I would grow wings and fly myself to the moon! I should point out here that I have always been a huge fan of music and am very passionate about the music I listen to. I have also always thought it would be fun to play the drums but was sure that you needed to possess supernatural powers to do so, and I knew that I was definitely lacking in these powers. So as you can imagine, I'm incredibly excited about this amazing opportunity!....and terrified! I mean, let's face it, I've only been playing the drums for about 4 years (almost 7 if you count my time playing Rockband) and I'm definitely not the worlds greatest drummer. Heck, I would describe my drumming as barely adequate. So I'm doing my best not to freak out and crawl into a hole because I'm terrified of failing in spectacular fashion in the studio....with David J! *freakout*

  I would also like to mention that my band is running a kickstarter campaign to raise the money to record, manufacture, and distribute this album. So if you feel so inclined, a donation would be greatly appreciated!

  So now you know why I'm terrible at updating my blog: I have a new hobby that takes up most of my create-artwork-for-my-blog time. I guess you can also blame some of it on this, but in the end the *real* reason is that my heart is no longer in my art, it's in my drums!

Don't worry, I'll post some more art eventually.


22 comments:

RSS Reader said...

Welcome back!

bonenb said...

I really liked this part of the article, with a nice and interesting topics have helped a lot of people who do not challenge things people should know.. You need more publicize this so many people who know about it are rare for people to know this... Success for you.....!!!

Unknown said...

can i bookmarked this so fascinating topic? thanks


I found the best Restaurant Seating

bfdf said...

Thanks for sharing,, this post is amazing
Cara Menghilangkan Komedo
Epson L120 Driver Download
2017 Volkwagen Golf
Cara Menghilangkan Jerawat

Unknown said...

very informative post for me as I am always looking for new content that can help me and my knowledge grow better.

Wait till you see Investment Fraud Securities Lawyer

Daniel Benjamin said...

Well, everybody has reasons.
Storage Burbank

Missouri Table And Chair said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
virginia143 said...

thanks a lot for sharing this very informative blog. please keep on posting more.

Shocked at Allentown Private Detective

Mary Constant said...

Oh, now I know.
Shocked at Cherry Hill Private Detectives

Johnny McNeil said...

keep on posting.

Shocked at Humble Cloud Services

danny miller said...

that was an awesome experience!. thanks a lot. hope to listen to your new album.

Shocked at Baytown Managed IT Services

shine cruz said...

"can't wait to hear you new album". please keep us updated thanks a lot.:)

PCX Tech, Fort Worth Network Support

Clarence Pedersen said...

Great share.
Shocked at Philadelphia Private Investigator

Michael Yamada said...

Keep on sharing.
PCX Tech, IT Support, Cyber Security, Networks

Leonard McGarvey said...

Now I know why.
Look at this Baytown IT Support, Managed IT Services, Cyber Security, VoIP, Cloud

Hugo Cannon said...

Reminds me of something.
BoxNGo

Celia Ford said...

nice post.

Los Algodones Mexico Dentist

Nicholas Waldo said...

The man looks scary.
Storage Simi Valley CA

Amy Palomo said...

Looks interesting.
Amazing Los Algodones Dentist

Ricky Benoit said...

Thanks for the information.

Looking at Indiana Cloud Migration

Monique Blanton said...

reminds me when i was a kid, i am also fan of music until now.

We found deals on Used Office Phones

Clarence Wake said...

I've always been interested when it comes to music.

Internet specials at Aqualine Steel Water Tanks